Buddhist teachers from the Bradford area are happy to visit local schools to explain Buddhism and meditation or to host a school visit at the Centre in Keighley, where children can see a meditation room complete with statues and offerings.
An introductory talk for school visits can include:
- the story of the life of Buddha Shakyamuni
- an explanation of meditation and its benefits including a short guided meditation
- an explanation of what it means to be follow Buddhism, to live in a Buddhist community and to be ordained
- a chance to visit a meditation room with statues and offering bowls which is similar to Buddhist Temples in Asia
- an explanation of rituals including what a shrine is
There is also plenty of opportunity for the children to ask questions.
Please contact Buddha Land Centre for more information or to make a booking. Contact details are in the ‘Information’ section.